The Humanitarian Coalition is a joint appeal mechanism. It is comprised of CARE Canada, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec, Plan Canada and Save the Children Canada. With a combined presence in more than 120 countries, we bring together Canada's leading aid agencies to finance relief efforts in times of international humanitarian crises. We work together to eliminate unnecessary competition, reduce the duplication of fundraising costs, and inform the public on humanitarian needs. By joining their efforts, the members of the Humanitarian Coalition strive to increase transparency and accountability to both the Canadian public and to those they assist around the world. Together, they will reduce administrative costs and ensure help gets to where it is needed faster than it was possible before. It does not operate humanitarian programs of its own.
A. Commitment to Privacy
At the Humanitarian Coalition, we respect your right to privacy and we understand that donors, prospective donors, users of the Humanitarian Coalition Web site and others who have contact with our organization offline need to be in control of their personal information. "Personal information" is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact an individual. The personal information that the Humanitarian Coalition collects when engaged in fundraising and processing donations includes, but is not limited to: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information.
The Humanitarian Coalition Privacy Statement describes the Humanitarian Coalition practices and policies for collecting, using and disclosing personal information in the course of raising and administering funds to support Humanitarian Coalition projects. It may be updated from time to time to reflect developments in our practices, new technology or in the law. Updated versions will be made available in the same way as the privacy statement, including by posting on the Web site. Please check the Web site to see the current version of the privacy statement.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the Humanitarian Coalition by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humanitarian Coalition is responsible for all personal information under its custody or control. Ginette Gautreau, the Humanitarian Coalition’s Office Manager, has been appointed as privacy officer for the Humanitarian Coalition. The privacy officer may delegate day-to-day responsibility for administration of the Humanitarian Coalition’s privacy policies to other employees but the privacy officer remains accountable for the Humanitarian Coalition’s handling of personal information.
C. Personal Information
You do not have to provide any personal information on our Web site unless you choose to do so.
We ask for personal information on our "Donate Online" page. We ask for the same information when you make a donation by mail or over the telephone. We use this information to process your donation and to write to you acknowledging receipt of your donation for tax purposes. In addition, your name and other information will be placed on our mailing list. Mailing lists are used for the following purposes:
If you do not want your personal information to go on our mailing list, you may ask us to remove it at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of Humanitarian Coalition emails, by contacting the Humanitarian Coalition directly at email@example.com, or by mail at:
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
We may make e-mail addresses, postal addresses and telephone numbers available to other reputable non-profit and commercial organizations to allow them to contact you with respect to donations or goods and services that we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to share this information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org listing your name, postal or e-mail address and telephone number, and let us know that you do not want us to share your personal information.
When we employ other organizations to carry out functions on our behalf, they are required to use personal information only for the purpose of the functions they are providing and only in compliance with privacy laws.
E. Information from Other Sources
The Humanitarian Coalition occasionally uses mailing lists received from other organizations. When we do so, we ask the organization to provide only names of individuals who have consented to the sharing of their information. If we are contacting you based on one of these lists, we will give you an opportunity to tell us whether you wish to receive further communications from the Humanitarian Coalition and we will respect your wishes.
F. Information Collected from the Web Site
1) Credit Card Security:The Humanitarian Coalition is grateful for the donations we receive that help us to continue our valuable work. It is important to us that the information you give to us when making an online donation remains secure. Your credit card information is therefore secured by a reputable security company. The information is used only for that particular transaction and is not stored. Note: To ensure your payment information is secure we use the Paypaq (TM) Payment Solutions Gateway. The Paypaq (TM) Payment Solutions Gateway processes your credit card information securely in real time using the latest available encryption technology. This means your payment information cannot be read as it travels over the Internet to your credit issuing institution. Look for the unbroken key or lock symbol on the bottom of the payment information page to ensure you are submitting your payment information on a secure form.
2) Domain Name:The Humanitarian Coalition‘s Web server automatically recognizes, but does not collect or use, your domain name (IP address). The Humanitarian Coalition anonymously tracks your visit in order to compile statistical information about the use of our Web site. We do not collect individual information about you or your use of this site.
3) E-mail Addresses:Our Web site does not automatically recognize your e-mail address. We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us by e-mail and we ask for your e-mail address on our "Donate Online" page. If you communicate with us by e-mail, or give us your e-mail address, we will send you occasional e-mail updates. If you do not want to receive e-mail updates, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of any e-mail update you may receive. You may also email us at email@example.com.
4) E-mails to the Humanitarian Coalition:We use e-mail links to allow you to contact us directly with questions or comments. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also use your comments to improve our site and programs. We may file the e-mails you send to follow up on your comments.
E. Security and Retention of Information
The Humanitarian Coalition will retain your information only as long as necessary for the purposes described in the Humanitarian Coalition Privacy Statement. Subject to other legal requirements to retain information, this means that the Humanitarian Coalition retains personal information only as long as our relationship with you is being maintained and cultivated or if necessary for statistical purposes. Information is retained in secure databases and filing cabinets.
The Humanitarian Coalition is committed to protecting the security of your information in whatever formats it is held. The Humanitarian Coalition‘s employees, authorized volunteers and agents with access to personal information are required to respect the confidentiality of that information and implementing methods of protection that include:• physical measures such as locked filing cabinets;
• organizational measures such as limiting access on a "need to know" basis;
• technological measures such as passwords, encryption and audits.
Upon request, the Humanitarian Coalition will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information. Requests may be made in writing at the address or e-mail listed below to the attention of our privacy officer. The Humanitarian Coalition may charge a small administrative fee to cover the costs of providing access. Subject to applicable legislation, the Humanitarian Coalition will make information available within 30 days of receiving a request. The Humanitarian Coalition may seek to extend this time period, as permitted by law.
There may be circumstances where the Humanitarian Coalition cannot provide access to all the information requested. This includes information about third parties and information that cannot be disclosed for legal or security reasons.
The Humanitarian Coalition will correct or amend any personal information that is shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.
H. Questions and Complaints
For further information about the Humanitarian Coalition’s information handling practices or to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
The Humanitarian Coalition
Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
The Humanitarian Coalition reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to The Humanitarian Coalition are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will The Humanitarian Coalition be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. The Humanitarian Coalition does not warrant that the functions contained in the material of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
Here are some examples of what your money could do:
$20: One student kit
$45: Ten buckets to keep water safe
$85: A hundred emergency health kits
$125: one shelter kit for one family
PO Box 72158 BP Atwater
Please follow this link
Eligible donations are tax deductible; your official donation receipt will be issued automatically via email immediately following your donation.
Charitable Registration Number 83159 0666 RR0001